DoekieFM is a concept designed and built in Amsterdam, The Netherlands (hereinafter: “DoekieFM” or “we”). Privacy sensitive data (“personal data” or “data”) are processed via our services. By processing we mean any use made of your personal data, such as storing, altering, transmitting or deleting all or part of those data. We process personal data, for instance, because you use our websites or apps or because you participate in one of our productions as a contestant or audience member.
Are you below the age of 16? Then you may submit your personal data to DoekieFM only if your parents or guardians have read this policy and given their consent. This applies only if consent is also the grounds for processing (see ‘6. Grounds for processing‘). Taking into consideration the available technology, we make reasonable endeavours to check whether your parents or guardians have indeed given their consent.
3. TYPES OF DATA
In order to give you the most amazing experience possible, we use the following data for the purposes stated in this policy:
- Name and address details;
- Contact details, such as (mobile) telephone number and email address;
- Date of birth and age;
- Participation history; and
- Participant agreements and other agreements.
Additional specific (Radio) production data
- Civil status and relationship status;
- Data on partner and/or children;
- Work-related data, such as employer, position and income data;
- Payment data, such as invoice address, bank account number and possibly credit card data;
- Data regarding your social media accounts;
- Media (photo, video and audio fragments); and
- Biographical data (your “bio” drawn up by us) and other data that are relevant to the selection or to participation in our programmes.
- Detailed technical and other data regarding the use of our websites or apps, such as the type of device and device properties, browser type and language, date and time of the interaction, and IP address; and
- Search terms used on our websites or apps.
The data that we use depends on the purpose for which we process the data (see also ‘5. Purposes of data processing‘). Also, we do not use all of your “additional specific (Radio) production data” referred to above for every (Radio) production. That depends on the specific (Radio) production.
The biographical data and other data that are relevant to the selection or to participation in our programmes may also include special categories of personal data, such as race, ethnic origin, political opinion, beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation, health data or criminal date. We are aware of the sensitivity of those data and their possible impact on your privacy. We therefore process those data only on the basis of your consent (see ‘6. Grounds for processing‘) and we handle all those data with extra care. Also, we remove those data immediately after the final broadcasting date of a production.
We primarily obtain data by requesting you to provide them. You yourself can then decide whether or not you wish to provide us with those data, such as the data that you yourself can fill in on one of our websites or apps, for instance in a registration form. It is possible, however, that if you do not wish to provide certain data, you cannot use our services or cannot take part as a participant or an audience member, for instance. One of the reasons for this is that we are also required in that regard to record certain data of yours. When you enter personal data, we state what data are necessary and what data are optional.
There are also data that we receive automatically, such as technical and other data regarding the devices that you use. We obtain those data via cookies and similar techniques. See also ‘8. Cookies‘.
5. PURPOSES OF DATA PROCESSING
We use your data for the following purposes:
- To allow us to offer you our services, products and information, or to allow you to participate in them, for instance because you participate in one of our (Radio) productions as a participant or an audience member;
- To select suitable participants or audience members for our (Radio) productions;
- Because you yourself want us to save your data, for instance because you register to be included in our DJ-file for selection as a participant or an audience member in future (Radio) productions;
- To specifically contact you for participation in a programme of DoekieFM, for instance as a Radio-host, participant or an audience member;
- To allow you to place and exchange information via our services, for instance via (one of) our website(s) or app(s) and, if the website or app offers you that possibility, also to contact other users of the service in question;
- To analyse our website(s) and app(s) and related technologies, to collect statistics and to maintain, secure and optimise our websites and apps;
- To send you electronic or other commercial messages of DoekieFM, including third parties that advertise, sponsor, offer prices, etc. via our services; and
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We will not use your data for any purposes other than those listed above.
6. GROUNDS FOR DATA PROCESSING
We process data because that is necessary to perform an agreement, for instance because the processing is necessary to provide our services.
We also process data because we are required to do so by law. Certain legislation obligates us to retain data for a specific period. The Algemene wet inzake rijksbelasting (State Taxes Act), for instance, obligates as to retain payment data for a period of seven years for the Tax Administration.
We also process data because we ourselves or a third party has a legitimate interest in that processing, such as business interests. In that case we always carefully consider whether that interest outweighs your privacy interest.
Finally, we process data on the basis of your consent, for instance when we process special categories of personal data of yours or if we wish to retain data for a long period, such as the data in the DJ-database. We also inform you and request your consent before placing and reading cookies and before sending you electronic or other commercial messages.
7. DATA DISTRIBUTION
Your data may be exchanged and combined within DoekieFM; see also ‘1. Introduction‘.
When processing your personal data, we use third parties that are provided with your data. If possible, we obligate those third parties to act as processors. This means that we determine the purpose and means of the processing and that the processor may handle your data only in accordance with our instructions and our security and other standards. We record those agreements with each processor in a data processing agreement.
Some of those processors are located outside the EU. Because a similar level of privacy protection is not guaranteed outside the EU, we have made (additional) agreements with those parties. We enter into an approved standard contract of the European Commission (also known as “standard contractual clauses”) with those processors. If the data are transferred to the USA, we also enter into the standard contract, or we do so on the basis of the EU-US Privacy Shield.
9. DATA RETENTION
We aim to retain personal data only as long as necessary. We have therefore intentionally made an (organisational and technical) distinction between the types of data that we collect (see ‘3. Types of data‘). The “basic data” must be retained for as long as is necessary to commercialise our (Radio) productions. The “production-related data” are removed immediately after the final broadcasting date of a production.
An exception applies if the law prescribes that we must retain certain data for a longer period. With regard to payment data, for instance, the Algemene wet inzake rijksbelasting (State Taxes Act) obligates us to retain those data for a period of seven years for the Tax Administration.
10. DATA SECURITY
We make every effort to optimally secure the personal data. We do so by taking state-of-the-art organisational and technical security measures aimed at preventing unauthorised access to the data and alteration, disclosure or loss of the data.
If we engage “processors”, we obligate them to handle your data in accordance with our instructions and our security and other standards. See also ‘7. Data Distribution‘.
11. YOUR DATA RIGHTS
You have the right to inspect, rectify, erase or transmit your personal data. You also have the right to limit or to object to the processing. Finally, please note that you may file a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch Data Protection Authority).
You may send us a request to exercise your rights at any time. You may do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify in your request, insofar as possible, to which personal data your request relates and which right you wish to exercise, and provide evidence to demonstrate that you are the owner of those personal data. We aim to respond to your request within a period of one month.
Questions or complaints regarding privacy may be sent to email@example.com.